For summer swimming and diving, it is best for everyone to make use of any outdoor options that are available. I have been in touch with our usual outdoor pools for long course, both of which are located in Montgomery county and just now opening. Since they wanted to be open for at least two weeks prior to discussing the potential of usage by a “team” for practicing purposes, we decided that utilizing the pool for August, a month when we normally don’t practice and would be looking well into August before being able to get in the water, was going to be impractical.
For fall swimming and diving, we are still in a bit of a “wait and see” scenario. As many of our parents are aware, the districts in Bucks and Montgomery counties have all approved the same Covid 19 Athletics Health and Safety Plan for fall sports for junior and high school level fall athletics. Please keep in mind that high school swimming and diving is a winter sport. The current plan is clearly written for sports that compete in an outside venue with components of dryland or weight training done indoors. That being said, we will continue to work on several plans in the hopes that we will be able to tweek one to meet the requirements for safely returning to our indoor pools. I wish I could say everything will be back to normal with CBST-USAS returning in early September and CBST-SAL swimming and diving starting back up in October. However, due to the constraints we will be dealing with, such as locker room usage, limited number of participants in the pool at one time, testing, cleaning procedures that will be done between groups, etc., I think it is important for our families to know that while we are making every effort in our planning to get everyone back into the water asap, in the safest way possible, the upcoming season just isn’t going to look like it has in the past. For example, the governing bodies of USAS and SAL are still trying to work out not only if competitions will be available, but how they will run. Similarly, we at CB Aquatics are trying to figure out how practices will look, will we be able to accept new members, will we need to utilize our facilities seven days a week, etc.
We will continue to monitor everything throughout the summer. We wish we had more to share. We understand that we are usually just opening up registration for the fall this week… at this point, availability for registration will be delayed and we promise to get information out as soon as we know a more realistic and definite plan. We really don’t want to be changing, refunding and confusing everyone if we can possibly avoid it. Know that when we can begin registration it will most likely have a quick turn around so that we can get everyone into the water as quickly as possible. This should not be an issue as our new platform includes online payments, etc. Unfortunately, several states are starting to see increases in cases and it seems as though each day brings about new changes to the situation that we are experiencing. Nevertheless, we will continue to plan for the various scenarios and hope for the best!
If anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your understanding. Keep your eyes out for email updates, likely late July or early August. We hope to see you all soon!!