Below is a periodic reminder - please remind your swimmers of the polices below.
Thanks and enjoy the holiday season!
Policies and Procedures:
Please review these policies and procedures with your swimmers/divers often.
- Please note that parents are NOT ALLOWED in the locker rooms under any circumstances. High school students may be using the locker rooms related to high school activities. It is important that adults (including parents) not be in the locker room for the safety of all program participants and other student athletes. Coaches will be sweeping the locker rooms before, in between, and after practices. Nothing should be left in the locker rooms. Athletes should place all belongings into their bags, zip the bag fully shut, and bring it out onto deck and leave it there for the duration of practice. Please speak with your swimmers/divers about appropriate locker room behavior:
- No horseplay or physical contact should occur.
- Lockers are not to be used at any time as they lock and you will not be able to retrieve any items placed into them.
- Speak at a reasonable volume and speak respectfully to everyone.
- Do not touch anyone else or anyone else’s possessions.
- Move with care (remember swimmers and the floor are wet).
- Locker room time should be short (10-15 minutes at the most) - kids may need to be reminded often to stay focused on the task at hand.
- Get a coach if anything inappropriate is occurring, even if they are not involved – tell them they should help stop issues before they escalate, rather than waiting for problems to happen and seeing our friends unhappy based on the consequences.
- Remind your participants often of these behavior expectations which are required at all times – on the deck and in the locker rooms.
- The use of cell phones and other mobile devices with recording capabilities, including voice recording, still cameras and video cameras is prohibited in locker rooms, rest rooms, and other changing areas. If your swimmer(s) uses his/her cell phone in the locker room for ANY reason (making phone calls, taking pictures, etc.) he/she risks being removed from the team. (Parents please periodically monitor you child’s social media to ensure compliance with this policy.) Also remind your children to always use social media responsibly – taking care to be kind to everyone and remembering that those other than their currently intended audience may eventually see posts.
- If you prefer that your child not use the locker rooms with the other swimmers/divers please have him/her dry off completely and meet you in the hallway outside of the pool before escorting them to the appropriate bathrooms located down the hall from the pool in each building.
- Please make sure your swimmers and divers are dry and have shoes on when in the hallways of the schools.
- Please refer to the CB Aquatics Locker Room, Anti-Bullying and Communications policies on the CB Community School Aquatics website (also accessible through your team website).
- Please use your discretion and consider the health and safety of your swimmer and others when deciding whether to send you swimmer to practice if s/he is experiencing any medical condition or other situation in which it might be best not to practice. CBST coaches will use their best judgement and if they feel there is a health concern/safety hazard they will restrict swimmers from entering the pool to safeguard themselves and/or the other members of the team.
- Swimmers and divers should arrive about 5-10 minutes prior to the start time of practice in order to be ready to go at the scheduled start time. They should wait in the hallway outside of the pool ready to get into the water as soon as the coach comes to get them. They will be sent directly to the locker rooms after practice. A parent should always walk the athlete into the building.
- Parents/siblings should go to the balcony. Please do not go on deck to speak with the coaches. If you have a question or concern please email the appropriate board member, if it is a question they can answer for you, or the head coach. If you have any concerns please email me immediately.
- Parents should not coach their children from the balcony (or otherwise). We are in one of the few youth sports that provides professional coaching – please trust that the coaches are competent and leave the coaching to them. If your child looks to you for approval/attention/anything during practices, it is likely to cause them to miss important instructional information and/or disrupt the practice for themselves, other participants, and coaches. If this is an issue for your participant please do not remain in the balcony during practices.
- Videotaping of practices is prohibited.
- Please remember that behavior should mimic typical school day behavior. No running, climbing on tables, etc. Playing with balls in the building is prohibited. Siblings of team members must stay with their parents at all times. No children should be running or roaming the halls at any time. Swimmers and their families are to be in the pool area (balcony or pool hallways) and should only go to the cafeteria area to use the restrooms or vending machines. Swimmers and their families are not to be in the gymnasiums at any time.
- The doors close to the pool at CB South will generally be open and may be used to enter/exit the building. If they are not open, please enter through the main Gymnasium doors. No doors should be propped open at any time.
- Please enter the pool hallway off Anderson Road to access the CB East pool at all times. Do not use the front doors. No doors should be propped open at any time.
- Please do not park your car (whether you’re in it or not) anywhere other than designated parking spaces. This is particularly an issue at CB South at the diving well door where people sometimes park along the curb behind the parked cars – please avoid fender benders by NOT parking in that area.
- Please review detailed and additional policies available at this link: https://www.cbsd.org/Page/2485
- All swimmers should follow their appropriate practice schedule. In other words, CBST-SAL only swimmers should NOT BE attending CBST-USAS practices. CBST-USAS swimmers should ONLY ATTEND CBST practices even if they are also registered with CBST-SAL.