As the winter portion of our season approaches, please make note of the following information regarding potential weather-related cancellations:
In general to find out about possible weather cancellations:
School days - School District cancellations and early dismissals are immediately posted on the district website: www.cbsd.org.
- CB schools closed due to inclement weather - No swim or dive practice
- CB schools dismissed early (or afterschool activities cancelled) due to inclement weather - No swim or dive practice
- CB schools delayed opening due to inclement weather –Regular PM swim and dive practice
- Follow these guidelines – emails will not typically be sent
Non-school days (weekends, other days off) - School District cancellations and early dismissals are immediately posted on the district website: www.cbsd.org and we will send team email notification whenever possible.
- CB schools closed due to inclement weather - No swim or dive practice or meets (home or away)
- CB schools have modified hours (late opening or early closing) due to inclement weather – team emails will be sent with modifications/cancellations
Please also review the policies and procedures below which are being sent as a periodic reminder.
Have a wonderful holiday weekend,
Policies and Procedures:
Please review these policies and procedures with your swimmers/divers often.
- Please note that parents are NOT ALLOWED in the locker rooms under any circumstances. High school students may be using the locker rooms related to high school activities. It is important that adults (including parents) not be in the locker room for the safety of all program participants and other student athletes. Coaches will be sweeping the locker rooms before, in between, and after practices. Nothing should be left in the locker rooms. Athletes should place all belongings into their bags, zip the bag fully shut, and bring it out onto deck and leave it there for the duration of practice. Please speak with your swimmers/divers about appropriate locker room behavior:
- No horseplay or physical contact should occur.
- Lockers are not to be used at any time as they lock and you will not be able to retrieve any items placed into them.
- Speak at a reasonable volume and speak respectfully to everyone.
- Do not touch anyone else or anyone else’s possessions.
- Move with care (remember athletes and the floor are wet).
- Locker room time should be short (10-15 minutes at the most) - kids may need to be reminded often to stay focused on the task at hand.
- Get a coach if anything inappropriate is occurring, even if they are not involved – tell them they should help stop issues before they escalate, rather than waiting for problems to happen and seeing our friends unhappy based on the consequences.
- Remind your participants often of these behavior expectations which are required at all times – on the deck and in the locker rooms.
- The use of cell phones and other mobile devices with recording capabilities, including voice recording, still cameras and video cameras is prohibited in locker rooms, changing areas, rest rooms or other changing areas. If an athlete(s) uses a cell phone in the locker room for ANY reason (making phone calls, taking pictures, etc.) the swimmer/diver risks being removed from the team. (Parents please periodically monitor you child’s social media to ensure compliance with this policy.) Also remind your children to always use social media responsibly – taking care to be kind to everyone and remembering that those other than their currently intended audience may eventually see posts.
- If you prefer that your child not use the locker rooms with the other swimmers/divers, your athlete should dry off completely and meet you in the hallway outside of the pool before you escort them to the appropriate bathrooms located down the hall from the pool in each building.
- For those who would like added privacy, individual changing spaces are available in the locker rooms at CB South and CB East high school pools.
- Please make sure your swimmers and divers are dry and have shoes on when in the hallways of the schools.
- Please use your discretion and consider the health and safety of your athlete and others when deciding whether to send your athlete to practice when experiencing any medical condition or other situation in which it might be best not to practice. CBST coaches will use their best judgement and if they feel there is a health concern/safety hazard they will restrict athletes from entering the pool to safeguard themselves and/or the other members of the team.
- In some circumstances, a doctor’s note is required after an injury, illness, or new medical diagnosis prior to an athlete returning to practice with CBST. Please see the related policy on the team website (resources page) and if you are not sure whether your athlete’s medical condition requires a doctor’s note to resume participation please ask CB Aquatics administrative staff prior to having your athlete return to practice.
- Swimmers and divers should arrive about 5-10 minutes prior to the start time of practice in order to be ready to go at the scheduled start time. They should wait in the hallway outside of the pool ready to get into the water as soon as the coach comes to get them. They will be sent directly to the locker rooms after practice. A parent should always walk the athlete into the building.
- Please remember: Swimmers and divers should be dropped off no earlier than 10 minutes prior to their scheduled practice time and should be picked-up promptly at the conclusion of practice. Everyone should be out of the building by 15 minutes after the conclusion of practice. Please remind your athletes to move through the locker room quickly (again spending no more than 10-15 minutes to get changed after practice) and be sure that you are there promptly to pick them up. Also be sure your athletes know to wait inside for you in the event that you are not there when they exit the locker room. If a child has not been picked-up within a reasonable amount of time after the conclusion of practice, police will be called to keep the child safe while waiting to be picked-up.
- Parents/siblings should go to the balcony. Please do not go on deck to speak with the coaches. If you have a question or concern please email the appropriate board member, if it is a question they can answer for you, or the head coach. If you have any concerns please email Roberta Lichter, Aquatics Manager at email@example.com immediately.
- New this year: Balcony access at CB South must be made via the door at the blocks end of the pool. The balcony doors (upstairs and downstairs) at the diving well end of the pool are not to be opened or propped at any time.
- Parents should not coach their children from the balcony (or otherwise). We are in one of the few youth sports that provides professional coaching – please trust that the coaches are competent and leave the coaching to them. If your child looks to you for approval/attention/anything during practices, it is likely to cause them to miss important instructional information and/or disrupt the practice for themselves, other participants, and coaches. If this is an issue for your participant please do not remain in the balcony during practices.
- All swimmers should follow their appropriate practice schedule. In other words, CBST-SAL only swimmers may NOT attend CBST-USAS practices. CBST-USAS swimmers may ONLY ATTEND CBST-USAS practices even if they are also registered with CBST-SAL.
- Videotaping and still photography of practices and evaluations is prohibited.
- Please remember that behavior should mimic typical school day behavior. No running, climbing on tables, etc. Playing with balls in the building is prohibited. Siblings of team members must stay with their parents at all times and should not enter the locker rooms. No children should be running or roaming the halls at any time. Swimmers/divers and their families are to be in the pool area (balcony or pool hallways) and should only go to the cafeteria area to use the restrooms or vending machines. Swimmers/divers and their families are not to be in the gymnasiums at any time.
- The doors close to the pool at CB South will generally be open and may be used to enter/exit the building. If they are not open, please enter through the main Gymnasium doors. No doors should be propped open at any time.
- Please enter the pool hallway off Anderson Road to access the CB East pool at all times. Do not use the front doors. No doors should be propped open at any time.
- Please do not park your car (whether you’re in it or not) anywhere other than designated parking spaces. This is particularly an issue at CB South at the diving well door where people sometimes park along the curb behind the parked cars – please avoid fender benders by NOT parking in that area.
- The use of tobacco, alcohol, and all types of illegal drugs, and/or stealing is strictly forbidden by any person in attendance at any CBST function (in or on district property) and by team members at all times.
- Please review detailed and additional policies available at this link: https://www.cbsd.org/Page/2485 and also accessible through your team website.
- Participants and families are responsible to be aware of and observe all policies and procedures contained in the team handbook (available on team website), posted on the websites (CBSD and team), and communicated via email or other methods. While all parents and athletes must review and agree to this information during the portal registration process, please also be sure to periodically review information on the team site Resources page (team handbook) and the Resources => Central Bucks Aquatics Policies page (policies, Safe Sport information, concussion information). Please take special note of the following posted policies and information:
- CB Aquatics Action Plan to Address Bullying
- CB Aquatics Communications Policy
- CB Aquatics Locker Room Monitoring Policy
- CB Aquatics Photography Policy
- CB Aquatics Safe Sport Information (including Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy information), Safe Sport trainings
- Concussion information sheet and trainings
- SAL Code of Conduct (note in particular that if you have a question or concerning the league you should bring it to your team rep who will address it with the league – parents who are not reps should not go directly to the league with questions or concerns)
- Mandated reporter information
- CB Aquatics strives to create a safe environment in which our participants may participate in swimming and diving activities. Please check in with your athletes often regarding how practice and team participation in general are going and contact Roberta Lichter, Aquatics Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) right away with any issues or other observations. Concerns will be addressed within a reasonable timeframe. Confidentiality will be maintained to the extent practicable given the obligation of CB Aquatics to investigate and address the matter. See information about Safe Sport on the team website.
- Also be sure to review the information about concussions on the team website. While it is required that all athletes and parents review and sign-off on the concussion information sheet as part of the portal registration process, it is recommended that everyone also complete one of the posted training courses, and also review the sheet periodically.