1. Please note that parents are NOT ALLOWED in the locker rooms under any circumstances. High school students may be using the locker rooms related to high school activities. It is important that adults (including parents) not be in the locker room for the safety of all swim program participants and other student athletes. Coaches will be sweeping the locker rooms before, in between and after practices. Please speak with your swimmers/divers about appropriate locker room behavior. No horseplay or physical contact should occur and lockers are not to be used at any time as they lock and you will not be able to retrieve any items placed into them.
2. The use of cell phones and other mobile devices with recording capabilities, including voice recording, still cameras and video cameras is prohibited in locker rooms, rest rooms, and other changing areas.
3. If you prefer that your child not use the locker rooms with the other swimmers/divers please have him/her dry off completely and meet you in the hallway outside of the pool before escorting them to the appropriate bathrooms located down the hall from the pool in each building.
4. Please make sure your swimmers and divers are dry and have shoes on when in the hallways of the schools.
5. Please refer to the CB Aquatics Locker Room, Anti-Bullying and Communications policies on the CB Community School Aquatics website (also accessible through your team website).
6. Swimmers and divers should arrive about 5-10 minutes prior to the start time of practice in order to be ready to go at the scheduled start time. They should wait in the hallway outside of the pool ready to get into the water as soon as the coach comes to get them. They will be sent directly to the locker rooms after practice.
7. Parents/siblings should go straight to the balcony. Please do not go on deck to speak with the coaches. If you have a question or concern please email the appropriate board member, if it is a question they can answer for you, or the head coach. If you have any concerns please email me immediately.
8. Parents should not coach their children from the balcony (or otherwise). We are in one of the few youth sports that provides professional coaching – please trust that the coaches are competent and leave the coaching to them. If your child looks to you for approval/attention/anything during practices, it is likely to cause them to miss important instructional information and/or disrupt the practice for themselves, other participants, and coaches. If this is an issue for your swimmer please do not remain in the balcony during practices.
9. Videotaping of practices is prohibited.
10. Please remember that behavior should mimic typical school day behavior. No running, climbing on tables, etc. Playing with balls in the building is prohibited. Siblings of team members must stay with their parents at all times. No children should be running or roaming the halls at any time. Swimmers and their families are to be in the pool area (balcony or pool hallways) and should only go to the cafeteria area to use the restrooms or vending machines. Swimmers and their families are not to be in the gymnasiums at any time.
11. The doors close to the pool at CB South will generally be open and may be used to enter/exit the building. If they are not open, please enter through the main Gymnasium doors. No doors should be propped open at any time.
12. Please enter the pool hallway off Anderson Road to access the CB East pool at all times. Do not use the front doors.
13. All swimmers should follow their appropriate practice schedule. In other words, CBAC/SWAC only swimmers should NOT BE attending CBST practices. CBST swimmers should ONLY ATTEND CBST practices even if they are also registered with CBAC or SWAC.
The practice schedule for October through November 13th is listed below. Starting November 16th and through the end of the season, the times at CB South for swimming shift one hour later. Have a great first week of practice. Please remember that it is always crowded the first two weeks! We are not splitting the boys and girls up as we have done in some past years. If we find that the pool is too crowded after week two we will re-evaluate so please think carefully about which nights your swimmer will practice. Also, it may seem to be a long way off but please make a note now that practices end on January 29th. Only athletes who qualify for league champs will have a modified practice schedule for the week of February 1st. Also note that there will modified practice schedules for the Thanksgiving and winter breaks, communicated through your parent board.
Spring swimming and diving clinic information is available at this link. http://www.cbsd.org/Page/2476
We also plan to again have the extended season swim clinic. At this time our intention is for this clinic to run for six weeks beginning the week of February 22. Once it is time to register for this clinic (and coaches are identified and pool space confirmed), an informational email will be sent to current CBAC and SWAC participants. This information will not be posted on the website as the clinic is only for current season SWAC/CBAC swimming participants.
Thanks for your cooperation. The entire CB staff is looking forward to a great season.
Most important, let’s HAVE FUN!
October Swimming Practice Schedule (CBAC & SWAC*):
At CB East
10 & Under – 6:30-7:30PM
11 & Up – 7:30-9PM
At CB South
10 & Under – 5:30-6:30PM
11 & Up – 6:30-8PM
* Note that there will NOT be Friday swim practice available at CB South this year as attendance on Fridays over the past several years has been low and we are unable to secure coaches for SAL teams for both pools on Fridays this year. SWAC and CBAC swimmers will practice together on Fridays at CB East.
Diving Practice Schedule (CBAC & SWAC)
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 6:30-8:00PM All diving practices are held at CB South.